Virus Protection; Corona virus Outbreak
Are you worried about the Corona Virus outbreak? Do you have a good prevention plan? Here is my list of ways to prevent viral infections.
“Latest on the Wuhan corona virus"
The SARS-like corona virus that appears to have originated in Wuhan, China has now infected thousands of people. As of January 28, 2020, Chinese officials have confirmed over 6,000 cases. These have occurred in every province of China with the exception of Tibet. As of the 28th, 132 people have died from the virus.
To contain the corona virus, nearly 50 million people have been quarantined. Quarantine areas include Wuhan and 15 other nearby cities in the region of Hubei province. The Centers for Disease Control said they are monitoring 73 possible infections in 26 states in the United States as of the 28th of January. None of these cases have revealed any person-to-person transmission in the U.S.
Investigators are suspecting that the virus originated at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market. The market's vendors have been selling live or butchered animals in addition to fish and other marine life.”(1)
Most people with the virus have these symptoms; cough, low grade fever and general malaise and fatigue. There is about an 8 day incubation period with this particular virus. There is no way to treat a virus so medical care is limited. It is best to prevent a viral infection.
This virus is transmitted via the following means:
Touching infected object then touching eyes, mouth or nose
Handling the waste of an infected person
Symptoms of nCoV-2019 include:
Mild to moderate upper respiratory tract illness
My favorite Immune System Boosters:
1. Host Defense mushroom supplements can be used every day to help boost immune function.
Enhances function of the body's immune system
Decreases stress and fatigue
Assists body to detox and protects against toxins
Delivers enzymes to support digestion and absorption of nutrients
Provides polysaccharides to increase the activity and impact of natural killer cells and macrophages
2. Fresh crushed Garlic cloves that you let sit for 10 minutes before you take it to activate the allicin, the active ingredient. I swallow 2 crushed cloves with water. Take daily to boost your immune system.
3. Vitamin C: 3,000 milligrams (up to 5000 mg for 140-150lb person) daily, in 3 equal divided doses. Use powder as it is absorbed immediately. Use to bowel tolerance- if you get loose stools or diarrhea back off on the dose.
4. Vitamin D3: 2,000 International Units daily. (start with 5,000 IU/day for two weeks, then reduce to 2,000) Your Vit D level should be at 70-100ng/ml. Here is how to bring it up according to Dr Peter Osborne Functional Medicine doctor. Take high dose up to 150,000 IU for 3 days ONLY(Contraindicated if you have Kidney disease, but otherwise not toxic for this purpose only 3 days) Do this at the first sign of cold or flu as well.
5. Magnesium: 400 mg daily (in citrate, malate, chelate, or chloride form)
6. Zinc: 50-100 mg daily. Major role in immune cells. Regulates immune system
7. Selenium: 100 mcg (micrograms) daily
8. Vitamin A : Make sure it is pure Vit A(Vitamin A palmitate, not just beta carotene. Immune system aid. Recruits white blood cells, increases epithelial barrier cells regeneration and mucous membranes (protects us from viruses) 25,000 IU per day for a couple weeks only (adult dose)
9. L-Lysine: Great for viruses, works with herpes too. 1-2 grams per day for a strong dose
10. Elderberry: Upregulates immune cells that fight viruses. Get a supplement with no sugar, such as capsules rather than a sugary syrup.
11. Echinacea: Boosts immune system function
To Protect yourself from CoronaVirus:
Avoid public places
Get enough sleep, sleep deprivation suppresses the immune system. Go to bed by 10pm to make sure you are in bed 10pm -2pm the restorative sleep time.
Avoid sugar, it decreases your Vit D. It crashes the immune system.
Eat REAL Food! Increases the strength of the immune system. Plenty of fresh vegetables especially root vegetables in the winter. Best to cook and eat at home.
Get sunshine exposure. Our Vit D levels should be between 70-100ng/ml, Vit D is an antiviral. If we live 27 degrees or higher latitude we make less Vit D in winter.
Avoid Alcohol, Smoking, Drugs
Wash hands regularly especially if you work in public environment
Avoid taking medications as they can suppress the immune system. Examples: Antacids, Antihistamines, Steroids, Antibiotics. Antibiotics can cause a fungal overgrowth which can mimic a gluten exposure. Candida creates proteins that mimic Gluten and suppress immune function. Antacids- marshmallow and aloe coat the stomach lining to prevent GI inflammation. See Julie for excellent supplements
Vitamin C Cure by Doctor in Ground Zero China! Watch video!
Flu Shot or Not? Watch this:
NIH did a study and found out that there is actually no benefit to taking the flu shot.
Watch this interview with Dr Zach Bush, MD. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1952380671733259